In this role, the successful candidate will design and implement a “data office / factory” for our client.
Back-end: Develop, maintain and enhance data pipelines using variety of data infrastructure (transform internal data, website and platforms, external databases, etc). Make data available for internal usage.
- Design and implement dashboards for internal clients (full end-to-end solution)
- Work closely with the IT team to integrate databases into the data factory
- Follow data metrics with the data quality officer
- Work on data projects with the Head of Data Analytics and with the internal digital project management team. In this mission the Data and Analytics engineer will have to keep a strong focus on standardised data pipelines.
- Advise the department on optimisation, performance tune when required
- Scale current BI analytics in real-time analytics
Holder of a Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent, you have 3 to 6 years of hands-on experience in a similar role. In addition, your skillset includes the following:
- Extensive experience working with data tools and building data solutions for advanced analytics
- Strong experience in data modelling and data management together with experience of working with:
ETL (Talend, Data Factory, IBM, etc.)
BI tools (ideally Microsoft Power BI)
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing end-to-end real-time analytics solutions
- Experience in the creation of data governance standards; defining data retention policies, monitoring quality and performance.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and robust code in Python, R, SQL/NoSQL or similar languages is an asset
Knowledge in API
- Dynamism, curiosity an orientation to results
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ready to teach and share mindset
Proficiency in English & French (mandatory)