Our client, specialised in the trading of raw materials, has 20 global locations with Luxembourg as a central trading hub.
Information Systems are key to the success of the business, its growth strategy and competitiveness. This role in the IS team is essential to delivering on that vision by ensuring each day that the business is getting the maximum benefit from technology.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Support a dynamic trading business by providing effective solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be energised by the opportunity to work on real business requirements directly with key users.
- As a member of the global Trading Systems Team, you will be instrumental in driving technology adoption throughout the entire user base, empowering all staff to make the most effective use of technology to do their jobs better than the competition.
- The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn about the physical commodities trading business and gain a deep understanding of our processes and data. On-the-job training will be provided through a series of progressively more challenging tasks.
- Create, debug, and enhance SQL stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Troubleshoot issues with reports, data and system workflows. Identify/design sustainable solutions that will drive continuously improvement in controls and efficiency.
- Train and assist users.
- Reference data setup and maintenance.
- Software testing.
- Work is carried out in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team members, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – valuing teamwork above specialisation or silos.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in IS/IT working closely with users of business systems.
- Strong technical fluency with data structures and SQL skills to create, debug, and enhance SQL stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Experience with creating or supporting ASP.net Core web applications, debugging server and client-side code in Visual Studio. Experience working with web frameworks including Angular and React.
- Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office, and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros).
- Confident, comfortable communicator with ability to inspire trust from a diverse group of stakeholders including traders, operations and accounting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication.
- Strong documentation skills with demonstrable ability to distill and organise unstructured information in a way that brings clarity: business requirements, user procedures, use cases and test plans.
- Technical fluency with data structures and SQL query language to write data extracts and views.
- Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros).
- Strong teamwork within a distributed team in Europe/US/Asia – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate.
- Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills with sharp focus on deadlines.
- You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines.
- You recognise yourself in the company core values: result-oriented, approachable, service-oriented, honest, enterprising and connecting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field
- English: Excellent business verbal and written proficiency
- Comfortable working in a multinational company with many accents and different cultural backgrounds