Our client is a private bank based in Luxembourg.
To reinforce the IT application department, we are looking for a Database / Application Administrator.
Our client does not require a DBA 100% of the time. As such, this role balances the dual responsibility of Application Administration and Database Administration with the same person.
As a member of the IT application team, you will:
- Administer Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Manage, configure and apply changes to the applications in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Provide support and maintenance on these technologies.
- Solve technical problems: analyse, resolve, document, find root cause and fix.
- Coordinate with external providers.
- Cultivate a culture of technical excellence through continuous learning and improvement.
- Degree in Computer Sciences with 3 years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Solid knowledge in Oracle and SQL Server databases administration.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Shell scripting.
- Have a global understanding of IT infrastructure (Server, Client, Network, System administration, etc…).
- Strong team spirit, eager to learn.
- Excellent problem solving mind and good stress resilience.
- Good command of English and good communication skills.
- Experience with AIX administration, Avamar or PL/SQL will be considered as an asset.