Our client is a Luxembourg based service specialist for investors, corporate finance and real estate.
To support current and future development, our client is reinforcing its IT team and is creating a new role to cover data management:
Data Warehouse Specialist
The role: Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain the data warehouse environment using best practises and industry standards
- Work with analysts and developers to identify and collect data from operational systems for inclusion in the data warehouse
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that the data warehouse environment is integrated with other systems and applications
- Develop ETL (extract, transform, load) processes to ensure that data is accurately and efficiently transferred into the data warehouse
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop data solutions that meet those requirements
- Design and implement dimensional data models to support reporting and analysis
- Identify and resolve data quality issues, ensuring that the data in the data warehouse is accurate and consistent.
- Write SQL queries and stored procedures to support reporting and analysis
- Monitor and optimise data warehouse performance
- Develop and maintain documentation of the data warehouse environment, including data models, data dictionaries, and technical specifications.
- Manage data warehouse security
- Train and support users of the data warehouse (both external and internal users)
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data architecture, data modelling, and data mining. As a Data Warehouse Specialist, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data warehouse environment and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data within it. You will develop ETL processes to load data into the warehouse and be responsible for creating reports and dashboards to help us visualise the data. You will work closely with other members of the team, as well as our clients, to identify business requirements and design data solutions that support the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data warehouse environments
- Proficiency in ETL development using tools such as SSIS
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server,
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Background in the Financial Services sector and solid understanding of accounting and financial data